Making A Difference:
Plus the Liz Collin entry:
Award Entry Title/Description: Last summer, Hannah Kozitza choked on a grape at Golden HeartChild CareCenter in North Mankato. She died at the hospital. The I-Team found under Minnesota law her daycare workers didn’t have to be trained in CPR. Afterairing a series of reports on the lack of required training in Minnesota, lawmakers got involved. Hannah’s Law unanimously passed the House and Senate this legislative session. The law requires all daycare workers in Minnesota to be trained in CPR.
It’s HF 235 in the 2011-2012 session.
Board of Governor’s Entries